The Pangborn Symposium is the perfect opportunity to learn & be inspired, and to connect & participate.
Abstract Submission Deadline: March 3, 2017
Event Date: August 20-24, 2017
Location: Rhode Island Convention Center, Providence, Rhode Island
The 12th Pangborn Sensory Science Symposium will bring together industry and academia, leading pioneers and emerging experts in sensory and consumer science.
Last year’s Symposium included trends such as:
- Deepening the collaboration with sensory marketing in the consumer goods/food and beverage sector – strategic partnerships between sensory scientists and sensory marketers enable the development of insights during the conceptual stage and adds value to the development, launch, and maintenance of consumer packaged goods.
- Examining how human senses impact the consumer decision-making process
- Influencing the decision making process by telling stories with sensory data – narrative visualization techniques are used to convey information and obtain buy-in.
What will this year entail? With various experts invited to speak, we can assume it will yet again be an event worth attending.
To advance the field of sensory evaluation, including consumer research, and the role of sensory professionals, for the purpose of sharing knowledge, exchanging ideas, mentoring and educating its members.
To advance the field of sensory evaluation, including consumer research, by:
- Creating forums for sharing research that advances the scientific basis of the field.
- Provide mentoring in the field through a variety of forums.
- Providing training courses and educational seminars.
- Linking with existing organizations that serve the sensory and consumer research community
- Promoting professional conduct and ethical standards.
Click here for more information on the Symposium and other Sensory Events by the Society of Sensory Professionals.